Thursday, September 24, 2009

2 types of runs

So there are two different types of runs that I go on. I have my easy runs which I like to use as quiet time with God. When I am just jogging around and looking at the beauty of the world He created I can really feel Him. I honestly don't know how I could go without running at least a few days a week. It clears my head and makes me feel so much better. I spend the majority of this run thinking, praying and singing. I don't think anyone can here me so I sing pretty loud. Then there are my hard runs, these are no fun at all; unless they are with other people. If I am racing someone I can get a little joy out of it, but by myself it is just pain. I only do a hard run once or maybe twice a week so it isn't too bad. On these runs I listen to music to try to stop my mind from thinking. They hurt really bad and usually take a long time so anything that can divert my mind is appreciated.

Today's run was a hard one. I wanted to see how long it would take me to run from my house to the Art building. I thought it was 5 miles away, but it was only around 4.5. I made it in 29mins but it was too hard. I ran past it a little and made my run last an hour and a half. The rest of the run was just miserable. I was thirsty and dead. It was my 3rd day in a row of running. I have been having legs problems and have only been running 2 consecutive days for a while now. Good news is that my leg didn't hurt and I now have a day or two off because I need to study.
LSAT...

No comments:

Post a Comment