Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pride

“but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.” - 1 Peter 3:4

I just read this verse and its context is about women submitting to their husbands but I am going to use it for how I act towards others. The first part of 1 Peter 3:3 says “Do not let your adorning be external” I am trying so hard to live that but I am so far from it. I love superficial praise and I am very superficial myself.

My prayer is to live simply, be immune to peoples praise or displeasure and to love deeper. I have nothing to be proud of but somehow I am. It doesn’t even make logical since because God created all people for a reason; this makes us all equal so what am I proud of? Even when I say “to God be the glory” I still am prideful about it but just trying to hide the faults of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment