Monday, November 2, 2009

Books

I don't have much homework to do this week. This brings me joy because I have been neglecting good reading for schoolwork. Today I read my 3rd Joshua Harris book, "Stop Dating The Church, Fall In Love With The Family Of God". It was really good. I can't believe how long I have gone without being a part of a church. I knew it was wrong but I did it anyway - no more. I also read a few chapters in "Don't Waste Your Life" and "Desiring God". I need to get back into "Piercing the Darkness" and I will be getting a new book for my Fellowship group. I still have our other membership book to read and it would always be nice to just read the Bible. I start my day with 2 devotionals and I have my Thursday Night Bible Study book to read. It is times like this which make me wish I was going to Seminary rather than Public Health. How great would the homework be? Right now I am reading 5 different text books about health care. It requires a few hours every day in tedious, repetitive health care drivel. If my school work was also my passion how great would that be? It would never feel like a waste. For now it is just an unrealistic dream, it can go along side all my other dreams that are too outlandish for me to pursue.

I always hated reading growing up, I forced myself to like it because I realized I could never be anything without it. Readers are Leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment