Monday, October 5, 2009

Life is too good to give to God


I have a great plan for my life. It gives me everything I want. I graduate, get a good job and start a family. I will be active in a church and hopefully get into some form of political position where I can feel like I am making a difference. While talking to a friend about this I was reminded of the song "I need you Jesus" particularly the line "This world has nothing for me, I will follow you". If I believed this then I would not need my plan to work and I could do the things God wanted me to do. I am clinging on to the hope that God does not want me to join the Military; I am so scared that is His plan. If only my life was not going so well. How can I give all this up? I wish I could give into Him. I really don't want to join. He gives us our unique skills and talents for a reason and looking at what He has given me makes it seem like I am wasting them.

I know I can honor God with my plan but it is not the same. I need to stop worrying about this life and fully give it up. I'm sure God could take everything away from me until I stopped loving this world so much. Then it would be a lot easier to submit to His will.

Why am I so selfish?

No comments:

Post a Comment