Friday, October 9, 2009

Responsibility

How can one think of witnessing to others as just a responsibility?

We were talking about it at Bible Study last night and I expressed that sometimes it is hard to think you can make a difference in a person’s life when no one has ever been changed by your witnessing. The pastor said that I don’t have to worry about that part; it is only my responsibility to tell them about it, the Holy Spirit has to be working inside them for there to be a change. I almost felt like he was saying to not worry about the outcome and I really have nothing to do with what a person believes. I see how that is somewhat true but I will not allow myself to think like that. I do not share the love of God out of mere responsibility; I share it out of love. I have been talking to a few people this week who have made me cry because they don’t accept the gospel. There is nothing worse then having a loved one not saved. I hope the pastor was not alluding to giving up on these people after I have shared with them. I will never give up. I have been working on some people for years and I feel like I have been put in their lives for a reason. I can’t just say “well I tried”. I will continue to try; hopefully I can make a difference before it is too late. I just wish I was a better example.

Eternity is too long to get wrong.

Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment